Today I had a great day with my friend Lara. I know, I know, I didn't take any pictures. But you can use your imaginations. :)
Lara invited me over to her homestead for tea and a farm tour. I was excited to see their place for the first time. I immediately fell in love with their sweet house. I loved every single paint color Lara picked and I felt so comfortable and immediately at home there. I loved all the sunlight pouring in all the windows and the warmth of the woodstove. I loved the archways and wide wood trim. Their house had so much charm around every corner. Lara made an incredibly delicious lunch. When I walked in, I smelled it and immediately was hungry even though I had just eaten a huge breakfast before I came. After we saw everything inside, we ate our delicious lunch and went outside for the outdoor tour. What a beautiful place they have. So much good soil for planting, so much sunlight. Neighbors on both sides with horses. I loved seeing their chickens and coop. Meeting their cute cats and adorable dogs (with equally adorable names- Applejack and Moonshine.)
I just kept thinking what a wonderful place it was for kids to grow up. River and Rosemary (Lara's twins) have a view of horses from each of their bedroom windows. They have space to run and play. They have a tire swing, swing set, sandbox and hand-built forts.
Lara generously loaded me up with gifts and goodies to take home (including leftovers for Jeff- Bless her heart!) I felt so inspired in so many ways. And I felt so incredibly grateful that I met Lara. We have so much in common, I truly feel like she is my long lost friend and I don't know how I went so long without having her in my life. She is a delight to be around, so bright and laughs fully and easily. She is a sunny addition to our life and I am so happy I met this new friend.
3 comments:
Thank you Taryn! I'm so,so happy that we are friends and you are so much fun to have over for tea. One time Rosemary's movement teacher called her a "delighful human sunbeam." That's what I think you are, and Jeff too. I also think you must secretly be forest elves! :) I love you guys!
How wonderful to have such a great friend!
"Delightful human sunbeam".... I love that! Thanks Lara! Love you too! :)
Thanks Jessica! All you wonderful people leaving me sweet messages on here, I consider friends too! :)
Post a Comment