Friday, June 18, 2010

Eco Idea: Create something beautiful with invasive species

Jeff created these carved tree buttons out of Scotchbroom. Any local will tell you how invasive Scotchbroom is around here. As soon as he made them I fell instantly in love and then I thought 'what a great Eco Idea!'

What beautiful things do you like to create with invasive species?

5 comments:

Lara Katherine Mountain Colley said...

What a wonderful idea! They are so beautiful and so good for the earth. I love rolling crafts and invasive species removal into one!

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Me too! So awesome in so many ways!

dw said...

Those are beautiful! I've left a few dandylions growing in our yard, both for the greens for salads or cooked greens, & the flowers for the bees. I bet the greens would be good in a quiche with goat cheese. :)

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

That does sound good! :)

Anonymous said...

I´m in love....they are so beautiful!
What a great idea!!!

Christin / sweden