Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Love Autumn

Sunflowers glowing with light
Garden gifts from friends
Freshly dug onions
Home-dried apples sprinkled with cinnamon
Luscious grapes
Fall colors
Sweet dried plums

Everything about Autumn feeds my spirit. The colors, the crisp air, the bountiful harvesting. 

(Many thanks to our friend Lara for all the birthday gifts. She stays updated on my pregnancy cravings and brought us grapes, knowing I've recently been ravenous for them.) :)

What do you love about Autumn?

6 comments:

Tonya Gunn said...

In autumn, I love the food choices - apple and squash everything.
Making weekly soups on the woodstove.
The beautiful blue skies and the crisp cool air.
Thank you for sharing your beauty.
Warm wishes, Tonya

Michaele said...

I love the fall apples and pumpkins. Wonderful photos. Great blog.

Lindsey @ The Herbangardener said...

I absolutely love autumn. I love all the seasons actually, but autumn is my favorite!

And after the extroverted summer season of sunshine, gardens, and lots of time outdoors, I do look forward to hunkering down and savoring the slower pace of chilly autumn evenings...maybe a walk through the leaves at dusk and then coming home and snuggling into the comforter with tea and a book!

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Tonya, Michaele, and Lindsey-
I LOVE reading about what things you all love about Autumn. Keep the comments coming! I so enjoy them! :)

Lara Katherine Mountain Colley said...

I love giving autumn gifts to my wonderful friends with Virgo birthdays :)

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Lara,
I am feeling lucky lucky to be a virgo!! :)