Saturday, March 26, 2011

I like this idea

When my mom visited, she left behind her Sunset magazine. I saw this idea for turning old colanders into hanging baskets for strawberries. What a fun idea! One of our neighbors grows their strawberries in hanging baskets and I loved how easy it made harvesting. We just might have an old colander ready to be recycled for this very purpose....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! I have tons of hooks in the roof of my overhang outside my front door left from a previous owner and have been struggling to fill them all...strawberries in a recycled colander is seriously brilliant. Thank you! <3

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Katharine- So glad I could pass on the inspiration! :)

mb said...

ooh! i have one of those that needs a new job. :) and my strawberries will like being up off the ground where the slugs can't get them...

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Hooray for getting to the strawberries before the slugs do! :)