Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Soup: October Garden-style

Today's Homemade Soup:
 ...
From the Garden:

Celery
Kale
Chard
Butternut Squash
Parsley
...
Everything Else:

Beef Bone Broth
Grass-fed Ground Beef
Carrots
...
~
We are loving loving butternut squash in soups lately. 
And of course calcium-rich bone broth is a staple around here.
I love colorful meals. Our breakfast this morning had a beautiful rainbow with red beets, orange carrots, yellow crookneck squash, and green parsley. We ate it ravenously before any pictures could be taken, but- by golly- I took a picture of lunch. Meals feel so special when we gather most of the ingredients in the garden.


Have you made yourself a delicious meal lately?
You deserve it!

3 comments:

trish said...

Wonderful.xxx

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

I know you are a true soup lover Trish! :)

Lindsey @ The Herbangardener said...

OMG. This looks so good, and what nourishing ingredients, mostly straight from your own yard! I know how good that feels to have your own produce make up the majority of your meal! I get such deep satisfaction from that, and I know you guys do too.