I just finished this wool purse made with felted sweaters! I created the design on it as I went along, by needle felting with wool. It started with a blue flower (butterfly-inspired) and then came the unfurling, swirling vines. I wrote the story of it's creation here.
It's amazing what you can do with some felted wool sweaters, leftover wool yarn, a pair of scissors, a sewing needle, a felting needle and bits of wooly color. I looked forward to Bracken's nap time each day, so I could work on it some more.
It made me inspired to write a post about needle felting with wool.
Those of you have never needle felted, would you like to learn?








11 comments:
That is beautiful, I would love to know more :) Great job!
What lovely work you do. There's something about blues and greens together- I especially love the shading of the blue swirls as they extend out from the flower.
I've never felted anything, although I would enjoy reading about the process!
I have never learned to needle felt and would really love to learn! The bag is so beautiful, you did an amazing job!
Oh my that is beautiful! n the past the only thing I have felted have been some wool dryer balls and a wool sweater to make some longies for my babes.
I have never needle felted anything before, but if it means that I could attempt to make something half as beautiful as you have made, I would love to learn!
So gorgeous! I had much catching up to do with your recent adventures and love the new button cards and I too have been wanting to read the Dirty Life, but haven't picked it up yet, given me oh-so-city-living life right now (which I love) but know they pull of wanting my own dirty life is very strong :)
So beautiful! I love the colours and the whimsy and the fact it was made with a preloved sweater! I would love to learn needle felting too. :)
That is beautiful! I am fascinated by wool felting because I do not understand it at all. I would love to learn. I am getting ready to shear 3 of my sheep soon so I will have wool! So yes, I would love to see a post here about needle felting. Thank you. You both do such beautiful work. I am just waiting for some extra money to buy some of your buttons.
beautiful...you are so inspiring.xxx
Beautiful!! And yes, so wanting to learn how to needle felt, I have a book here, just have not had time to sit down and get at it. I was visiting my local yarn shop this morning and she is planning a little workshop in the spring, looking forward to it.
Absolutely incredible, Taryn!!!!! You are so talented, WOW. I love it. How could you part with it!? :) And yeah, a needle felting post would be rad!
Happy Friday,
Love
Lindsey
Beautiful, I love the colors that you chose.
Post a Comment