Sunday, August 10, 2014

G r a t i t u d e * S u n d a y

 G r a t i t u d e  *  S u n d a y
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 
*
If you would like to join us, see below. 
Our gratefulness feeds one another. 
*
~
*
 
Throughout the week I've felt grateful for:

...Watching the hummingbirds wizz past and then stop suddenly at the runner bean flowers.
.
...Just simply talking with people. With neighbors, with people at market.
.
...Taking a break from watering the garden to "water" the ducks. When the water from the hose sprays down on them, they act like it's the most glorious rainshower.
.
...Bracken holding my hand at bedtime one night and then falling asleep that way.
.
...Three days in a row harvesting homegrown mushrooms in our greenhouse. And then enjoying them in so many meals. 
.
...Jeff being able to help our neighbor with his computer problem.
.
...A shower to myself. A rare luxury since becoming a mom.
.
...Bracken playing by me while I watered the garden and then asking for his turn. Watching him proudly dragging that big hose around the garden made me smile.
.
...Ditching my shoes and feeling the earth under my feet.
.
...That our phone works outside a little ways so I could water the upper garden while I chatted with my sister on the phone one night and my mom another night.
.
...Jeff making us another batch of spray cleaner. It works so well and I use it every day. This time he made a big enough batch that we could store some in the pantry and I was so thankful.
.
...The suggestion to call some stores to make sure they had something in stock before I drove all the way to town. It was a good thing I did because they were all out and it saved me a trip. (Thanks Jeff.)
.
...Listening to Jeff and Bracken reading a story together at bedtime.
.
...Beautiful weather at market yesterday. It got rather hot in the afternoon, but the breeze throughout the day was wonderful.
.
...The feeling to go to a different grocery store and finding something for much less expensive than I'd been able to find it elsewhere. 
...................................................................................

You can read more about the inspiration for Gratitude Sunday here

.

Like to Join Us in Gratitude Sunday?

.

If you are a blogger, click on the blue button below to add your link.
When adding your link...
Link the URL to your blog post and not to your main blog URL.
In your blog post, include a link back here, to this current post, so others who would like to join can find us.

 .
Or..
Share your list (whether one or many) in the comments below.
..............................................................................................................
..................................
  .
Whether your week flowed smoothly or you had a rough one, taking the time to focus on what you're grateful for always makes things better and will bring you a happy heart!
.
What have you felt grateful for throughout your week?
Share with us below! 

Gratitude Sunday